• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification list needs to reset

roenjacobyn

Lurker
Oct 26, 2011
I recently received the Gingerbread upgrade on my Droid 2 Global and several of my ringtones (wave files from my collection) were not playing properly (they would repeat rapidly). I found a thread that suggested it was a problem with Gingerbread and .wav files and to rename them to .mp3. I did this and it didn't completely fix the problem, but worse, it created duplicates in the notification option list where one played and the other would not.

I've replaced all the files in the notifications folder (with actual MP3 versions), unmounted and remounted the SD card, and rebooted the phone, but I can't get it to forget the old files in the notifications list. Are notification options indexed somewhere that I could purge options that no longer exist?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones