• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Prob...

Hello, I recently just bought my HTC Hero so im total noob at this.

Anyways Iv'e read and search about ongoing prob with the notification ringtones, but i still can't get my ringtones. Don't mean to repeat similar posts....

I did the following to solve this particular prob..

• Connect the phone to your computer via the USB cable
  • Open the Notifications screen on your phone (pull down a finger from the top of the screen to the bottom) and select the USB Storage notification
  • Choose “Mount”
  • Browse to the SD Card on your PC
  • Look for a folder called media, if it’s not there, create it by right clicking and choosing New Folder, then rename the folder to be media
  • Inside the media folder, you need a folder called audio, again, if it’s not there create it as above
  • Inside the audio folder, you can create a subfolder for the sound category you want to change-
    • ringtones – for sound files you want to use as ringtones
    • alarms – for sound files you want to use for any alarms
    • notifications – for incoming notifications such as SMS alerts, emails, etc.
BUT STILL... Don't work. I also turn my phone off and on to recognize the ringtones, which it does... and i selected my ringtone for my notifcations. But no go....

P.S. Oh but when I did plug in my phone to my computer. It did play my notifction ringtone, but it does not play when i recived notification for text

Any ideas?

There are a couple of different places to set notifications- in the main "Sound & display" settings (accessed by pushing the hard menu key and going to settings) through "Notification sound" you can set the overall notification default. For each app that uses this notification, you should also be able to go in to the settings and change the notification there. For example, if you go in to the Messages app and tap the menu button and go to settings you can choose "Select sound" to change the notification from the default.
Let me know if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones