Notification Profiles

Last Updated:

1. waldo1963

waldo1963 New Member This Topic's Starter

My Blackberry allowed me to set different alerts (tones/sounds) for different applications, and then allowed "profiles" such as vibrate only, loud, normal etc.

Is there anything similar for my DX. For example, I would like to set it to vibrate for any notifications, email/YIM/phone, as I am about to go into a meeting.

Right now all I can do is let it say "Droid" when emails come in, and ring when a call comes in, or set it to silent, which is not good, as I need to take some calls or read some emails.

Thanks,

Walter

Advertisement
  2. srheug

srheug New Member

I just came from a Blackberry also try Phone Weaver. Really flexible and lots of features. After getting used to it, it's better than BB implementation.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

There are a number of profiles apps out there. I'm currently using Profiles by egg n stone.

There are pros and cons to tha Android approach. Profiles can control more features but they don't seem to centralize all alerts (audio, vibration and LED) like the BB did. It's also very easy to accidentally change settings -- particularly the ringer volume.