• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification pulldown bar locks screen

regkeg

Jun 27, 2010
Read here a lot and all my questions have been answered by doing so but in the last 2 or 3 days I have a problem that has come up with my Evo. It is: Android Ver 2.2 Software # 3.70.651.1 PRL Ver 60677

The phone can be sitting there on any screen and the pulldown bar that appears when you pull it down to check your notifications starts blinking off and on and the display across the top of the screen blinks. It will continue this until it locks the screen although sometimes it will allow me to use the screen.

I have tried powering down and it works sometimes. I have pulled the battery and it works for a while but it will again start randomly showing the gray pulldown bar that shows when you do it manually and the screen will lock and nothing on the screen will work and it has to be powered down.

Any ideas what might be causing this??? No new apps have been added recently.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones