Notification questionsGeneral

1. GalaxyS2Kent

GalaxyS2Kent Well-Known Member

Still on the learning curve for the S4 from the S2. I would like to set separate notification for received text messages versus other things. Is this possible? If so, can you please tell me how to do it?

Also, I downloaded some ringtones and created a folder on the SD card called Ringtones and another called Notifications. The phone recognizes both just fine. I can see how to set a specific Ringtone for a Contact, just not how to set separate ringtone for texting. I don't want the notification ringtone going off every time an email comes in, for example.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I know you can set different notifications for the APP in the settings for most apps. (the default txt messenger as it)

As far as different notifications for individual txt messages I don't "think" that's possible with the stock apps.
  3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

1) Messaging -> Menu -> Settings -> Scroll to Notification settings

2) Contacts -> Select specific contact -> Scroll to "Ringtone" for calls, "Message alert" for an individual text message alert. However, if what you're saying is that "Message alert" goes off for both texts and emails (no one emails me so I don't know xD), then these are inseparable through the stock app.
  4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Regarding #2