Notification Ringtone FreezingSupport

Last Updated:

1. kimberhein

kimberhein Member

Just this weekend my notification ringtone for texts does not have sound. When I go into settings, sound settings, then notification ringtone, my phone freezes. I then get a message that says "Sorry! Activity Android System (in application Settings) is not responding. I get the option to either Force close or Wait. Any help would be appreciated...thank you!

2. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

I don't really know why - just making guesses of things to try/check.

Did you use a built in ringtone or a custom mp3? If you are using your own mp3, make sure it still exists where it was when you set it as a ringtone and that it is not corrupt (you can actually play it).
  3. kimberhein

kimberhein Member

I have Ringdroid installed. My ringtones are still intact and usable, as long as the sound setting is not frozen. Ringdroid will also freeze; I need to shut the phone down and re-start, and that doesn't always work. Not sure if there is a conflict or not. I've had Ringdroid on for about 2 months and have just started noticing the problem. Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated!
  4. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

That's the only guess I have. The only thing else I have to offer is when trying to troubleshoot software issues, try to think "what has changed?" around the time the issue started. Of course, there is always the possibility it is hardware related. In which case you'll have to contact Virgin. Good luck.