Notification ringtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. jujutu

jujutu New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have just got myself a nice new Google phone and am trying to customise it a little to sound right. I can pick and choose my own phone call ringtone OK by selecting a track in music and making it a ringtone. But can I do the same for notification ringtones?

What I have found out - I have found the .ogg audio files that are listed as possible notification ringtones (in system32/media/audio/notifications) but cannot (using Linda Filemanager) paste my chosen audio file into this directory. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Julian

Advertisement
  2. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

download "rings extended" from the market. it lets you customize any notification to whatever you have on your sd. mp3 or whatever format you want.

3. jujutu

jujutu New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks - that's exactly what I needed.

Julian

4. rivomi

rivomi New Member

I have buy a G2 Phone (HTC MAGIC) and i have search and install this app for setting all rings..bat don't work. Can you help me?
    Thanks.

Rivomi

5. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

When you go to set a ringtone..it should ask you what you want to use..

Either the "Android System" and "Rings Extended"

Select "Rings Extended" and select whatever ringtone you want on your phone...

6. rivomi

rivomi New Member

The problem is that the "Rings Extended" is not working on my HTC Magic, so I can not set a personal ringtone alerts for SMS and MMS E-MAIL, and the "Android System" can only for incoming calls.

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

try ringo. Does the same thing. Also, i the root directory of your SD Card create three folders: "ringtones" "alarms" and "notifications". Music players should skip these folders automatically so you don't hear rings when you hit shuffle. If this doesn't work, save all your SD data somewhere else and reformat the card and create those three folders. Sometimes it doesn't work without reformatting

8. daniels012

daniels012 Member

This worked beautifully. I actually wondered how I was going to download 2 versions of the same ringtone and have them in 2 places, but this worked great!

Thank You,
    Michael