Notification sound after Froyo issue.

Last Updated:

1. hbk129

hbk129 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys ever since I updated to 2.2 last night when I am on the phone I receive a text message and it plays my ringtone even while I'm on the phone. Before the update the notification would just pop out without any sound (which is fine and what I'd prefer). Has anyone noticed this, or is aware of a fix? All I can do at this point is make sure my phone is on vibrate before I'm on the phone.

BTW the sound stops after I touch the notification like normal it's just annoying for it to play at all while on the phone, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Thank god! I love this feature. Looks like I will be taking my chance even with all the complaints and upgrade to Froyo!

3. hbk129

You really like it? I guess it's an ok feature to have.. to have it on default and not have the option to turn it off is whack to me though.

Unless you're being sarcastic lol.

4. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Not sure if stock is adjustable but Chomp lets you pick what it does when you're on a call... So get Chomp SMS FTW... Then turn off notification from your stock sms app...

5. hbk129

In the stock sms settings you can turn off notification sounds overall but not specific to when you are on the phone.

Additionally after Froyo when you make a ringtone.. or custom sound I should say you have to classify it as a "notification" or a phone call "ringtone" before there was no distinction so you could use it either way. These are useless changes to me... love the flash support though.

6. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Yeah but still, get Chomp... It fixes your problem...

As before, I do recall the sound files were already in different directories, so they were distinct, but now I guess the GUI shows it as such too... So no difference really...

7. hbk129

I actually like the stock SMS fine... So switching to a whole different SMS client doesn't help me too much. I checked it out for a second and noticed the notification on phone call options like you said though.

My only point about the ringtones was that I will sometimes use a phone ringtone for a while then use it as a notification ringetone sometime in the future. Now I will have to make it twice once specifically for notifications and the other for phone calls, just to have that option.

8. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

You can make it work 100% like the stock app, so it just takes a few mins to set it up that way...

Then, once you get into it, you won't go back because it is pretty awesome how you can set it up...

The nice thing about stock apps is that they usually work out the box... The down side is that they are stuck that way...

So take into consideration other things it lets you do like enter to send instead of having to press the stupid send button... Well worth it if you're a landscape typer like me...

Also, it can wake the phone when you get txted so the screen lights up while on silent...

If it was a looks thing, you're overlooking a lot cause it can look exactly the same...

As for the notifications, when I use ringdroid, it created it as a ringtone, not interchangeable... So I don't know the difference, but they've always been in separate directories... I just use music app to pick ring tones, and place notification sounds into the right folder if need be, but I don't have that much knowledge in the notifications since I have found stock adequate so far...

9. hbk129

I didn't have total time to play with the settings right now. Maybe I'll give it another go around later this evening to see if I can get it to fit my taste.