• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification sound changes apparently randomly

Hi all, I keep running into a weird scenario with my Incredible (non-rooted, Android 2.1) where the notification sound changes to one of the other files on my SD card. I can't seem to make the notification sound stick.

For example: this morning, I unmounted the SD card after syncing with Doubletwist on my PC and got into my car. When I turned on the car, the phone connected via Bluetooth to the stereo. Upon connection, the phone made a notification sound, but that sound had been changed from the default notification sound to one of my MP3s.

Anyone else having this trouble?

I am having trouble with this as well .... its almost like the software has a bug or the phone has a virus or something. Recently I plugged it into a PC to move some videos from internal storage and 18 out of 21 videos just disappeared and when I unplugged the phone, my default ringer and notification sounds were changed.

Today the phone turned itself of and it wouldn't turn on until I removed the battery and put it back in. Once again, when it turned on, my notification sounds were changed again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones