• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Sound not connected to anything?

dontbesojumpy

Lurker
Apr 14, 2016
I know I know, we've all heard this one before: I am getting a notification sound that doesn't come along with any kind of actual notification.

I have checked through all the other forum posts, mine's not Yahoo mail. I have no idea what it is.
What's more, I installed a notification logging app and whatever is making the sound doesn't even register with it.

Basically something is making a rather cheerful sound randomly on my phone but it doesn't seem to be associated with any app. Again, Notification Log isn't catching it, either.

So...how on earth do I proceed here?

Galaxy S5, unrooted, been doing this phantom tone for a few weeks. Oh and for reference, the sound is a "cheerful" little rising note pattern, and whatever it is, it's not in my bank of notification sounds I can select in settings. No clue what it is.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones