1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Notification Sound Setting.General

1. lennonfan

lennonfan Member

Is there a way to mute text message sound with one button/app?

If i hold down vol button it only mutes the ringtone.

At the moment i have to goto settings/sound/volumes/notifications.

Surely there's a quicker way than this.?

I've tried a couple of apps (volume+) but doesn't work.

Thxs.

Advertisement
    :
  2. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Best I can come up with is make a shortcut to sounds on your screen, then it's just a matter of hitting sounds/volumes/ notification
  3. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

I have the free app Volume Abuser on my phone and it allows me to adjust Notifications or Ringtone.

You might want to give it a try.
  4. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

Doesn't putting the phone in silent mode mute all incoming notifications?
  5. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

It should, but maybe the poster wants the ringtones to be available and only notifications to be silent.

Anyway, I am now using VolumeAce. What is does is it allows you to set up volume profiles that you can switch with their widget toggle on the homescreen. I have it to full volume, and medium volume and low volume. No volume is just the vibrate icon on the widget.

The only issue is that sometimes if you press the vibrate icon, then press it again to go back to the volume setting that you want, it won't change back to what you want. So I usually set it to low volume. Ringer and notification is one bar so that I can still hear it on the table, but if its in the pocket, you probably won't.

Cheers
    atifjamshaid likes this.
  6. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

If you are running ICS you hold the volume down it eventually truns to vibrate/silent, which mutes ringer, notification & System volume. One more push of the volume button turns on mute (no vibrate). So it stops all sound except Media, Alarms, and voice call.

I use Widgetoid and wneh you set up a switcher widget you can have it reside in the notification bar accessable all the time. See below. I'm not sure muting voice call is a good idea or alarms, but I wish standard mute also did the same to media.