• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification sounds are different than what is set after update

MRM4

Lurker
Jul 18, 2014
I updated my phone the other day. I finally updated it to 4.3. But since updating, some of my notifications have been screwed up. I have my default notification tone set to a particular tone. But my Twitter notifications uses a completely different sound. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except whenever I get a Twitter notification, it makes the same sounds as my wife's text notification. And now matter how many times I try to change it, Twitter still uses a different sound. Any way to fix this?

I also set a default vibration tone for incoming calls and notifications. I didn't like it, so I changed to another one. Any time I get a call or notification, it still does the first tone and not the one I have it set on.

Also, whenever I get a call, the light on my camera will light up for a second and then go off, then repeat until the phone is answered or goes to voice mail. I haven't found a setting for that either.

Upvote 0
I would if I could. There is no setting in Twitter to set the default sound, unless there is a back door to that setting. There used to be one on my S1 though.

If you use the Twitter app, there is a way.

Tap on the <Menu> button.
Tap Settings.
Tap your Twitter account. If you have multiple accounts, you can set a different notification on each one.
Tap Ringtone.
Select your notification sound here and tap OK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones