Notification sounds dont always playSupport

Last Updated:

1. twiy06

twiy06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Have you guys noticed this on your droid...

When i get a gtalk or text i hear the notification sound and it vibrates just fine.

When i open gtalk and answer the text... then i put the phone down for a second and i dont hear any more notifications. This drives me nuts because then i pick it up and i see the person replied a long time ago.

On my old blackberry curve... EVERY time i get a message it would make a sound. With the droid... if you are in gtalk.... it wont make a sound so other then checking the phone or looking at the notification light... i dont know a message came in.

Do you guys experience this too?

Advertisement
  2. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Yes,it is suppose to act like that so it does not disturb you while you are on any communication app like phone ,other texts or gtalk. You can add pop ups if you want the interuptions. Handcent text has built it pop ups. Market has free pop up apps.
    Phone is acting like it is suppose to act. I prefer not to be disturbed with alerts (noise) when I am communicating with someone else.

3. twiy06

twiy06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

That is NOT how a phone is supposed to act. On the blackberry... if the screen was still on and u are actually typing it would NOT make another noise.

But on the droid... the screen will go off and until i turn on the screen again i will not have any more notifications while gtalk is open. That is stupid.

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

This is not a BlackBerry. This is a Droid. Like you said GTalk is open and you hear no noise, that IS how DROID is supposed to work. Go to the Market to get apps to change it to how YOU want it to work or go back to Blackbrick. Do not say the Droid is not working as it is meant to react. Adjust,Adapt and Overcome.
    In fact, this was an advertised selling point of the Droid. Not being bother or disturbed.

5. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

err i dunno what you're talking about because i still get notification sounds and blinking led light when my phone's screen is off. i'm chatting with someone, i put the phone down, after idling a bit it auto turns off screen, while screen is off i still get all notifications.

the only time i don't get the notifications is if i'm already talking to the person with the chat on the screen and the screen is on, or the idle time between when i put the phone down and when the screen turns off (obviously). cuz the phone is assuming you're already looking at the screen and typing to the person, so it won't notify you i guess. the phone won't know that you're not actually LOOKING at the phone however. notifications only happen when you navigate away from the application or from that particular chat window, ie. no longer in focus.