Notification SoundsSupport

1. Fluffer

Fluffer Member

Is it only possible to use one sound for all notifications? I thought I'd be able to set different sounds for email, text, calendar. I also use BT Fon app for wifi and this uses the same as all the rest.

Advertisement
    :
  2. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

the notification tone u set in ur Settings/Sounds is the default notification. inside the email/messaging etc apps, go to settings (inside that particular app) and set the notification tone. that notification will then be for that particular app's notification only
  3. Fluffer

Fluffer Member

Yerp, done that but now it sounds the assigned tone for gmail (as set in the email app) and then sounds the notification sound for notifications set in settings>sounds. Two for the price of one but I only want one? :cool:
  4. heshanj

u get two notifications when u receive one email from gmail?? ur using the gmail app, right?
  5. Fluffer

Fluffer Member

Yes, I get 2 notifications sounds, one for the sound set in the email client (email or social hub) and one for the settings in settings>sounds.
  6. heshanj

that is very strange.. its just one new 'event', u should receive just one notification.. im afraid im not sure wats wrong, maybe someone else could add something......
  7. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

Even a bigger question is how do I change the notification sound for messages? I have only the choice of a wimpy single tone and want to be able to select different tones just like ring tones allows.

Tried the NoLed program, useless unless your device is sitting on the desk in front of you. I come from Blackberry and it seems all devices including iPhone are WEAK when it comes to customization on notifications.:mad:
  8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The answer has already been posted. See post #2.