General Notification Sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChyeaRookum251, Feb 14, 2010.

1. ChyeaRookum251

Feb 13, 2010
    Coal Region, PA
    I used "ringdroid" to make notification and ringtone sounds and they show up on the lists but only the ringtones work. And even when I try to select a default notification sound, it doesn't change to it, its stays the same as when the one that it was set to when i got the phone. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to resolve it?

Advertisement
  2. IcyPhoenix13

IcyPhoenix13 Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Maryland
    A coworker of mine mentioned this exact problem a couple weeks ago with his Eris. I will have to ask him if/how he ever resolved it.

3. ChyeaRookum251

Feb 13, 2010
    Coal Region, PA
    I'd greatly appriciate that bc I dont even know when I get a text right now bc the sound is too low and too short, and I want something longer and more personalized, specially bc HTC is all about "Personalization".

4. IcyPhoenix13

IcyPhoenix13 Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Maryland
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I wish there was some way to have different notification settings depending on what type of alert. I would like to hear a different tone for SMS vs. email vs. VM, for when my phone is in my pocket.

That way I can ignore SMS and VM while I'm at work, but I need to be able to check email right away. But to my knowledge there is no way to do this, which surprises me.

5. ChyeaRookum251

Feb 13, 2010
    Coal Region, PA
    i think there is an app that does that, i remember reading about it, i'll look around for it and if i can find it again i'll send you the name of it.

searched on google and figured out the answer to my question on another site.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...t-how-set-ringtone-sms-not-notifications.html

6. IcyPhoenix13

IcyPhoenix13 Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Maryland
    Thank you! I can't believe I never tried looking through the settings in the SMS app. I've been preoccupied with trying out the stock SMS app vs. chompSMS vs. Handcent to see what I liked best, and never looked to see if there was a separate setting for the notification sound. :eek:

7. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    Hey i use an app that can specifically allow me to set a ringtone for every contact if i wanted to

it's called ringo pro(i had to buy it)

there is a free version called ringo lite but it doesn't give you the full functionality like the pro version does(of course)

8. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    if you use Handcent (or chompSMS too) the app it self allows you to pic notification tones for each person, i have done this specifically for people like my wife so that i know to check that message as soon as i get it....wouldn't want to make her wait LOL:D