Notification SoundsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ChyeaRookum251

ChyeaRookum251 Member This Topic's Starter

I used "ringdroid" to make notification and ringtone sounds and they show up on the lists but only the ringtones work. And even when I try to select a default notification sound, it doesn't change to it, its stays the same as when the one that it was set to when i got the phone. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to resolve it?

Advertisement
  2. IcyPhoenix13

IcyPhoenix13 Member

A coworker of mine mentioned this exact problem a couple weeks ago with his Eris. I will have to ask him if/how he ever resolved it.

3. ChyeaRookum251

I'd greatly appriciate that bc I dont even know when I get a text right now bc the sound is too low and too short, and I want something longer and more personalized, specially bc HTC is all about "Personalization".

4. IcyPhoenix13

IcyPhoenix13 Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I wish there was some way to have different notification settings depending on what type of alert. I would like to hear a different tone for SMS vs. email vs. VM, for when my phone is in my pocket.

That way I can ignore SMS and VM while I'm at work, but I need to be able to check email right away. But to my knowledge there is no way to do this, which surprises me.

5. ChyeaRookum251

i think there is an app that does that, i remember reading about it, i'll look around for it and if i can find it again i'll send you the name of it.

searched on google and figured out the answer to my question on another site.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...t-how-set-ringtone-sms-not-notifications.html

6. IcyPhoenix13

IcyPhoenix13 Member

Thank you! I can't believe I never tried looking through the settings in the SMS app. I've been preoccupied with trying out the stock SMS app vs. chompSMS vs. Handcent to see what I liked best, and never looked to see if there was a separate setting for the notification sound. :eek:

7. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Hey i use an app that can specifically allow me to set a ringtone for every contact if i wanted to

it's called ringo pro(i had to buy it)

there is a free version called ringo lite but it doesn't give you the full functionality like the pro version does(of course)

8. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

if you use Handcent (or chompSMS too) the app it self allows you to pic notification tones for each person, i have done this specifically for people like my wife so that i know to check that message as soon as i get it....wouldn't want to make her wait LOL:D