Notification soundsGeneral

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Guys

not sure what i'm doing wrong but i'm trying to change my sms alert sound. I go to My device/sound/notifications but on a sms, it simply vibrates and there is no sound. In the volume too, the notifications sound is set to max

Any other setting I need to check?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. karen667

karen667 Member

Go to settings from the sms page, down towards the bottom you can select ringtone :)
  3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Check the messaging app itself too and what settings are on there.

All stock app notifications default to the system default, but each app will have its own notification settings. I use a different tone for each so I know what each incoming notification is without needing to look at the phone.
  4. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

same thing - the setting there was the same as in sounds and still getting the vibrate, nothign else
  5. NZtechfreak

Its only the messaging notifications? If so that is rather odd. I would get Sliding Messaging from the Play Store and see if that works (and also because it has rich notifications and is like a million times better than the stock app).
  6. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

i really don't want to change my whole messaging app - anything else that gives me custom noficiations and only takes over the notifications part of the phone?
  7. NZtechfreak

Not that I'm aware of. Seriously though Sliding Messaging is MUCH better than the stock app, you should try it out. Rich notifications make SMS handling SO much better.
  8. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

do you need the pro version to see mms? Also do you notice any lag