Notification soundsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ChrisThom

ChrisThom Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to set it up so I have a different notification sound for VM & SMS. I know HOW to do it but for some reason my Incred is not saving the changes I make & is using the system default notification sound for everything.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. pikappetapi022

pikappetapi022 Well-Known Member

Can you tell me how to do it so I can try it?

I've got a great vm tone I'd like to use.

Thanks

3. NEXUSorBUST

NEXUSorBUST Well-Known Member

it is set up different than the droid due to the fact that the primary storage on this phone by default is the phone itself.

create a folder on the phone entitled media. inside that folder create one called audio. inside that create three called: notifications, ringtones, alarms

then place the tones you want to use for notifications in the notifications folder, etc. should work like a charm from there on out

Althalus likes this.
  4. DroidRocker

DroidRocker Well-Known Member

Coming from Blackberry, I was able to have a different notification for each e-mail that was pushed. Is this possible with the HTC-I? I haven't figured it out if it is.

5. ChrisThom

I've tried everything suggested here & it seems that the phone takes what has been set in settings/sounds as the default & ignores everything else. I've tried setting the default to nothing & it then uses a generic beeping sound.

6. cortland1998

cortland1998 Well-Known Member

Download the Zedge app. You can download any ringtone or message tone you want. Then, go into an app that you want to change it's notification sound. Once you're there, go to change the sound and it should ask you what app to use.. the built in HTC or the Zedge app. Pick Zedge as what you want to use, and select the sound you want. I am doing this to use my own sounds rather than the stock HTC ones.

7. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I have my ringtones saved to my sd card, go into music when it asks location and then go to my ringtone file and it works that way.

8. ChrisThom

Like I said, I've moved my sounds to in the internal storage. This is not a storage issue. The problem is when I try to assign a unique sound to the VM notification it ignores my setting & plays the default notification sound.

That's the problem I'm having.

9. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

If you use Handcent for your sms then you can set the tone and it's better than the stock app

10. ChrisThom

Actually, you gave me an idea that did what I wanted.

I set the default notification sound to what I wanted the VM sound to be & in Handsent I changed the SMS to what I wanted for that. A bit of a work around but I got it done.

11. ChrisThom

So, which is better Chomp or Handcent?

12. pikappetapi022

Me too, I'd like to change the VM tone only at this time.....How do I do this?

Thanks

13. pikappetapi022

bump

14. DeeCee735

DeeCee735 New Member

is it HANDSENT or HANDCENT? I typed in both, HANDCENT offers a few different, which one specifically? The only thing that comes up with HANDSENT is SMS from Androidapps.com.

Which one should I be using to change the notification sounds so that I can use my downloaded music as notifications for SMS or VM?

Thank you!

15. DeeCee735

DeeCee735 New Member

I just downloaded Zedge, thanks for that info. But, once I have that do I have to download sounds from Zedge to use them as my notification sounds, or is there a way to get the music I downloaded onto my phone into Zedge so that I can use my own music as my notification sounds?

Thanks for any info you have?

16. pdap

pdap Member

I'm looking for a thread showing a breakdown of the media folder where pictures would be placed.... I forgot to set the camera to save pictures to the SD card. Thanks.

UPDATE: I found the DCIM folder in the sd card which wasn't even in the media folder... thetefore, is the media folder only for sounds?

17. Lw00d

Lw00d Well-Known Member

i made the media folder on my SD card.. all sounds work fine.

18. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump an old thread. But does anyone have the notification sounds for the Incredible?

Specifically I'm looking for the default notification sound for text messaging and voice mail.

Thanks.

19. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Trooper likes this.
  20. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

21. Chappie

Chappie Well-Known Member

I did this on my phone when it had the old 1.5 software on it when I installed handcent I stopped the HTC message notification sound and just had the one allocated to Handcent.

I have now update to the 2.1 software and I cant seem to find out how to do this can anyone help?

22. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Go into the default (HTC) messaging; MENU; Settings; Received messages and uncheck "Received notification"