• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Tone Question

Saint2710

Jan 6, 2010
Northumberland UK
How do I copy notification tone into sys file?

I have downloaded a notification tone that I wish to use for incoming text, in the notification tones there are a selection of tones but I would like to add this one to the list. I've tried moving the file using the move command and also tried with the copy and paste function with Astro file manager but I cannot move or paste when I navigate to the sys/media/notification folder as these options are greyed out?

Thanks for the reply, If I create the new folder called notifications and drop the file in there will it then show up as a selectable tone when I go to notification sounds through settings?

yes, as well as every other notification selector's settings of course (gmail, gtalk), but you might need to reboot the phone before they show up

you can also create folders called alarms for the alarm clock sounds and ringtones for incoming calls

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones