• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Tone & Screen Timeout resetting themeselves!!?

aviweinberg

Lurker
May 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

New to the forums and just on android for almost 2 months now, switching from blackberry.

My GS3 has an issue that every few days the default notification tone will reset to the default tone (Over the Horizon) which is same as the ringtone. Also every few days, my screen timeout will reset to every 360 minutes, while I have it set for 30 seconds. I did a factory reset 2 days ago and sure enough this morning it woke me up playing the default ringtone.

Anybody have this issue/know a fix? I have a Verizon phone, I'm running jelly bean 4.1.2.

Thank You!!

Hi everyone,

New to the forums and just on android for almost 2 months now, switching from blackberry.

My GS3 has an issue that every few days the default notification tone will reset to the default tone (Over the Horizon) which is same as the ringtone. Also every few days, my screen timeout will reset to every 360 minutes, while I have it set for 30 seconds. I did a factory reset 2 days ago and sure enough this morning it woke me up playing the default ringtone.

Anybody have this issue/know a fix? I have a Verizon phone, I'm running jelly bean 4.1.2.

Thank You!!
Hello and welcome aviweinberg!!
After your reset (and possibly before) did you download any apps?
Just wondering if a particular app could be misbehaving?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones