• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification vibrate on vibration mode (volume lvl ) only

shezzy

Android Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2012
I also posted this on xda but figured it could help any one and any feed back is awesome..

This is sort of an android question but.. I have an issue I can not solve and am trying to do so without extra / custom apps..

I want my text messages to vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate ( obviously ) but not when the phones volume is set to non - vibrate.

The problem is is that if I goto Message -> settings -> and uncheck also vibrate with ringtone.. The phone will not vibrate when I recieve a text message and the phone is set to vibrate globally..

So then the only way I can get my phone to vibrate ( when the phones volume is completely down to vibrate ) is to have it also vibrate when the phones volume is up.. i thought it was a bug or something but I can not find the right settings to accomplish it.

BTW .. this happens wether or not the Vibrate when ringing option is checked under Settings -> Device -> Sound

Any suggestions or work arounds?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones