Notification Vibrate when sound is off???Support

Last Updated:

1. RayKinStL

RayKinStL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I get a notification, like an email or text, I want the phone to vibrate for like 15 seconds in like pulses of 3. It will vibrate a fair amount if the volume is on, but when I put the phone to vibrate only, the ONLY thing that vibrates is the ringer. I find this to be a general annoyance with Android I think. Anyone know a way I can customize the vibration settings for notifications (text, email, etc...) when the phone is on silent (vibrate only)?

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

When you decrease the volume, does the phone not go into vibrate mode one press before it goes into full silent?

You can set the vibrate notification settings in Handcent, phone settings etc.

Sorry if I miss the point...

3. jesseg

jesseg New Member

I'd like the same thing. I've changed the vibrate settings for the individual apps (Gmail, messaging, etc.), but it doesn't vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate only.

4. jeruhme

jeruhme New Member

I wanted this too, so I had to set rings tones for phone & messaging to the "silent" ring tone under each application, make sure each app was set to vibrate and then leave sound on. Result is phone is silent for all notifications, but still vibrates for everything. Will be a huge pain if you want to switch between sound/vibrate a lot. I hope google fixes this in 2.2.

5. growler13

growler13 Well-Known Member

Ok I think I figured this out. If you go into the messaging application or email application, hit the menu button and go into settings, there is an option to vibrate on notification that is unchecked, check it. On the messaging one I had to go back to view all my threads and access it through that menu, then its under notification settings. I think that should work. You can also change the LED notification color, and vibrate pattern

*Edit*
    Just noticed this is in the N1 forum and I have Droid, but its still should work.