• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Visual Alerts

no, you are not missing a setting...assuming you have the visual notification turned on, the notification light flashes for about five minutes after a new message comes in but then turns off to save power...I confirmed this with both HTC and Verizon CSR...I believe this lack of a persistent visual reminder is a serious flaw that hopefully will be addressed quickly (Blackberry's light is like a strobe in comparison, and it manages to stay on indefinitely)

Upvote 0
no, you are not missing a setting...assuming you have the visual notification turned on, the notification light flashes for about five minutes after a new message comes in but then turns off to save power...I confirmed this with both HTC and Verizon CSR...I believe this lack of a persistent visual reminder is a serious flaw that hopefully will be addressed quickly (Blackberry's light is like a strobe in comparison, and it manages to stay on indefinitely)

Thank you. I found that Handcent as an option that will turn the display on when a txt comes in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones