Notification Volume ChangingSupport

Last Updated:

1. kirbo20

kirbo20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So several times a day by Notification Volume goes way down. I want it to be as loud as possible so I slide the bar all the way to the right. A few hours later it is almost down to silent. Anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

It's linked to Ringtone volume by default I think. If you lower ringtone, then it lowers notification. I use "Quick Settings" from the Market to control my volume settings separately.

3. kirbo20

I thought that too. But I can lower and raise my ringtone volume independently.

4. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Yes, but..... Go to the home screen and hit the Volume Down button until you go to vibrate. Then go into settings and you'll see that your notification volume is disabled. Just try Quick Settings, it also controls wireless and display brightness. You'll like it. I have a "Media" homescreen that I have Youtube, Pandora, RockPlayer, etc on and keep Quick Settings on that page, it's easier than gong to settings every time.

5. kirbo20

My ringtone volume isn't changing though. Just my notification volume

Thanks for the suggestions.

6. iMouseOne

iMouseOne Active Member

You're not alone. I too have experienced this but have yet to figure out what is causing it, it's very random.

7. kirbo20

I am thinking it may be my case. Either the magnent or it could be pressing some combination buttons causing it to change. It's a little frustrating but I can deal for now.

8. Roachk1lla

Roachk1lla Member

My phone does this also and it is driving me nuts! I dont hear any of my texts and then I go in change the volume and a few hours later bam its back to quiet. I dont change my ringtone volume either so that has is not causing this.

9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Your volume will go down whenever u use another app that requires volume adjustment. So music player, live hold em', angry birds etc....

10. BigCat8

BigCat8 Well-Known Member

Phone used to do this all the time. Now I only notice it if I use a command that brings up the prompt "USSD code running..." like checking my data or minutes. When I use those commands, the notification volume, without fail, drops down to 3. As a result, I have to jump over to AudioManager and bump it back up to 7.

That's the only direct cause I was able to find.

11. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

Yup, mine does this too. One of the many bugs this phone has.

12. dododoh

dododoh Member

Phone used to do this all the time. Now I only notice it if I use a command that brings up the prompt "USSD code running..." like checking my data or minutes.

OMG! That's it!!! This is my third phone and the first one to do this. It has been driving us nuts...we could not figure out what was causing it.

Samsung told me to download handcent and k9 mail, thinking it was caused by the stock apps. They also told me I could send the phone back for a new one.

This is the only thing I can find wrong with this phone and I'm afraid to get another one.

13. movrshakr

movrshakr Well-Known Member

Posting to old thread, but for completeness...

The "Quick Settings" app mentioned earlier only has a control for the overall notification volume, not for individual ones like text, voice mail, email, etc.

Just so you know. It is a pretty useful app though.