notification volume keeps turning itself downGeneral

Last Updated:

1. yamamonster600

yamamonster600 Well-Known Member

i have had this happen twice, the notification volume turns itself all the way down. i go to sounds and check levels and all are at the max except the notifications. Anyone else having this issue? Is this a big enough reason to swap it out, today is my 14th day, just don't want to get stuck with a issue.

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I would suspect that you added an app that is doing it. If you had more time left I would suggest booting into Safe Mode and see if the problem stops. If it does then it's a bad app.

You could go back to where you bought it, fill them in on the problem, and see if there was any "wiggle room" they could offer.

... Thom
  3. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

Or check out an app such as Sound Profile that allows you to lock out other apps from modifying volume. I use it to switch between preset volume configurations for home/work/sleep/out.
  4. MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers Well-Known Member

There is a post on the Motorola forums about this. Apparently the ringer volume and notification volume are not linked. So when you raise the the volume with the volume rocker the only volume that changes is the ringer, not notification sounds. Which sucks because this works in stock android.

Volume buttons only control Ringer volume
  5. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Thom likes this.
  6. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I use Volume Control + Pro and recommend it to anyone who will listen. I have it on a Droid X with ICS, Bionic with JB, and Maxx with JB.

The multiple volume controls in Android phones was monumentally confusing to me until I discovered Volume Control + Pro then it all made sense.

... Thom
  7. rolandx

rolandx Active Member

Who makes that app? I see Volume Control + but not the PRO.
    Several similarly named apps.
    Thanks

8. Cincybearcatfan

I couldn't find the PRO version either but the Plus works wonderfully.
  9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

10. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

11. Optimus Prune

Optimus Prune Well-Known Member

12. Cincybearcatfan

Happened to me again today. My notifications went down, I checked my volume control +, it was up all the way. I turned it down then back up. Still no notification sounds. I had to reboot. After I rebooted, they worked again.

This is something that Motorola has to push a fix out to soon.