notification volume not loud enough?Support

Last Updated: 2011-01-31 16:38:30
  1. widebody

widebody New Member

even if i choose the same ringtone for some reason the notification volume is way lower then an incoming call volume. even with all my volumes turned up. is this suppose to be like this? the guy at sprint couldn't turn it up either:mad:

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

How did you get the notification tone to work with plugging in/out the phone? On my Samsung Moment, it used my notification tone every time I plugged something in/out my phone...
  3. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

It's lower then the regular ringer. I'm not sure what the issue is. Have you tried using a song for notification? I did that and it's a tad louder.
  4. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

Go into settings in the main phones settings and turn it up. Settings>sound and display>ringer volume
  5. Herbalacious

Herbalacious Member

If you find something to increase the volume of the notifications on the epic let me know thanks
  6. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Settings>Sound & display>Ringer volume. Here you can adjust the incoming ringer volume and the notification volume.
  7. Herbalacious

Herbalacious Member

Lol I meant something else because its simply not loud even at the max setting. Im using a shotgun blast as my notification sound and its better, but the alarm and phone ringer are both much louder. What's the point of a notification tone if u can barely hear it. This is the only thing I don't like about the phone, everything else works great.
  8. jfenton

jfenton Well-Known Member

Actually, I think that when using the speaker (external) for phone use, it's seemingly not load enough and way too tinny.....anyone else notice this?
  9. RayTrue04

RayTrue04 New Member

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I think these are signs I should've stood with my evo. On my 2nd day I already got my screen cracked.. Suxx!!!
  10. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

You cracked your Epic screen? Bummer, how did it happen? I was hoping the Gorilla glass would stand up to minor drops.
  11. RayTrue04

RayTrue04 New Member

A classmate knocked it off my hand and it fell face first right on the concrete floor =(. It's very scratch resistant but not good on drops. I dropped my Evo from a higher place and it survived it. I guess the glass is heavy that it absorbed the fall. I have my replacement but for some reason it looks different and feels lighter. The picture actually looks better and brighter too. I think its a refurbished and the screen was replaced and it's not the gorrilla glass on it..
  12. Supa23

Supa23 Member

OKAY I WENT TO SPRINT TODAY AND THE LADY TOLD ME THE NOTFICATION RINGER S VERY LOW BECAUSE ITS A RINER OTHER THAN THE SYSTEM PROVIDED NOTIFICATION RINGER. IT IS TRUE BECAUSE WHEN I TEST TH MP3 RINGERS IN THE NOTIFICATIONS THEY PLAY ALOT LUDER BUT THE MP3s ARE TINNY. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE AND NO TONE PICKER DOES NT WORK ITS FULL OF MAMMAL SHIT
  13. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

Then wouldn't a ringer from another source be quieter, too?? I have the same problem. If I turn system volume up loud enough to hear a notification, when I get a phone call, its so loud that it startles me! I'm going to tinker with a volumes app and see if I can figure this out.
  14. MannyrtFresh

MannyrtFresh Well-Known Member

so has anyone figured anything new out..

im mostly just wanting to get my Text notification sound louder.

everything is turned up way loud but notification still sounds like its running at 50% sound level.
  15. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

If u aren't rooted then there's nut'n u can do...

If u are, HERE