• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification When My Call Is Waiting

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S for just over a week now and have almost got to grips with it!

One thing that is annoying me and that I can't seem to change is the call waiting option. I have set up my own call options and they work fine - what I am having problems with is when I call someone who is already on a call - my phone does not tell me that I am waiting. I have always had this with my other phones without having to set up or do anything - how do I manage this on teh Samsung Galaxy S? I am with Vodafine and have Android 2.2 Froyo.

Any help would be appreciated!

Android Issue
Yeah It looks like this is an android issue, I've seen many android users are having this problem, the call waiting notification is too low to alert you, and you usually get a lot of missed calls, I know that there is an app called call waiting config from the market, it helps but it has some glitches when you connect a BT headset.

I should go back to nokia.

Upvote 0
im having the same issue with my Desire HD. With my previous Nokia, when I called someone who was already on another call I got a notification saying "You are on Call Waiting". So I knew whether or not that other person was on another call everytime I called them.

I havent heard of any app which addresses this issue. If anyone else out there knows any better let us know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones