Notification won't play song anymore.

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by gunchick, Dec 5, 2012.

1. gunchick

gunchick New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Female
    Part-time accountant to pay for my horse ranch
    Rice Texas
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Does anyone know how to force this stupid thing to accept a song for my notifications? I miss my texts. It used to work...I thought one of the power-saving programs I installed messed it up, but I uninstalled them all and it still doesn't work. Argh! :thinking:

Advertisement
  2. Thats

Thats That guy is This
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Air Force
    Fargo, ND
    Are you trying to have it play full blown songs?

The best thing that I would say is to try Zedge: Ringtones and Wallpapers. These have always worked great for me! Hope that this helps!

3. gunchick

gunchick New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Female
    Part-time accountant to pay for my horse ranch
    Rice Texas
    I am using Star Trek mp3's that I've always used...like the communicator sound. This phone has always given me trouble with the notification tone. The first one I picked was "incoming subspace signal" and it worked fine. But it annoyed my boss and I changed it to the communicator sound. The green dot stayed by that, but it continued to play the "incoming subspace signal" sound. So I manually went in and changed the name of that one hoping it would find the one I chose. Now it just won't play one at all.

4. Thats

Thats That guy is This
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Air Force
    Fargo, ND
    Hmm, I honestly haven't ever had that issue before. Possibly try re-downloading your mp3's and rechoosing them from the Notification Select menu?

5. msbosslady8

msbosslady8 New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Female
    hospitality in a hotel
    miami fl
    Help how do you open a text with a picture attach I receive a text with pictures but it won't download the pic or I don't know where it goes on my captivate please help