NotificationProfiles (like a blackberry)

Last Updated:

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm coming from a Blackberry Curve 8330. The real only thing I miss is the notification profile manager. It let me customize how everything on the phone will notify me from email to calls to texts, etc. After digging around in the marketplace I found the app "Quick Profiles," that lets me customize much like the Blackberry did.

So this thread is twofold:

1) So other people who are looking for this type of app can easily find it
    2) To find out what other users are using.

I'm aware of the location based app, which is cool, but a gimmick in my opinion. For example, how's it going to know I'm in a meeting or trying to get some sleep...maybe both at the same time.:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. iawd1

iawd1 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets does this as well

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Ahh, but Quick Profile is free, BW is not....

4. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Beautiful Widgets doesn't let me create and customize profiles.

5. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

where can I get quick profile. I'd love to get it, but can't find it in the market

6. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Just type profiles in the search in market and it'll come up.

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Locale doesn't just go by location. You can set up profiles based on location, time, calendar appointment, contact, battery status, or a combination of those things. For example, when my friends call, it turns on bluetooth. If I'm in downtown Chicago and it's during my "work" appointments on my calendar, it dims the screen, makes the wallpaper boring, puts the phone on vibrate, and sets the screen timeout to 30 seconds. And what's great is since the profile is based on both calendar appointment AND location, if it doesn't meet both criteria, then the profile doesn't change(sick, vacation, office closed). I've got one that M-S, between 6am 9pm, if I'm at my gym, it changes the background and turns down the ringtone so people can't bug me.

Locale also has plugins so that you can turn off autosync, have it turn on certain apps, have it twitter or send an SMS and a bunch of other things.

8. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Ok Locale sounds great and all but can you just set up a simple "sleep" "normal" "loud" "meeting" profiles and manually switch to them on demand quickly and easily? The key for me is being able to switch to these mode when I want not based on any location or contact etc..

thanks.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Locale is more for automation. Since you want manual control, your best option is to use QuickProfiles (leave out the space to find it faster).

10. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

The thing I really miss about my BB is the phone calls only option. It only let the phone make two sounds. Phone calls and the alarm clock. I don't care about emails in the middle of the night.

Do any of these apps do that?

11. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I have been using Locale for that based on a time condition. You can set ringer volume and notification volume separately.

12. TMH478

TMH478 Member

Try Bedside and Night Ringer.