Notifications and Badges

Last Updated:

1. hoodlums

hoodlums New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 2, 2011
    I googled the question a few times and looked through the forums for a bit, but had no luck. So I decided to start a thread and see if anyone know how to fix the problem I have.

I recently installed the Assonance Froyo ROM for my Captivate, and love it. However, there is one small issue I have with 2.2. When I get a text, I get the notification in the Notification drag down bar, and I also get a red (1) badge on my messaging app. When I hit the notification in the bar, it takes me to my text. If I close the text, the red 1 badge remains on my messaging app, even though I have already seen that new text. So I basically have to hit the app itself to look at the same message to clear to badge from the app.

I tried Handcent and ChompSMS, and while both are great, they share the problem of dual notifications.

I was wondering if there was a setting I could change in any of the 3 (default, chompsms, or Handcent) apps that would clear the badges from the app once I hit the notification in the bar, or simply disable the badge from the app itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Active Member

Jul 25, 2010