1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Notifications and BIS Level 1 notifications

Last Updated:

1. Sharpy

Sharpy Member This Topic's Starter

Update:I got a app called "GMail Label Notifier"...it serves the same purpose and is really much more flexible since you can assign unique alerts to each trigger You just need to setup filters in Gmail to apply a label. I have been using it a week or so now and it seems to work great.

Please forgive me if this has been covered but I'm a Android newbie and have searched without any results.:confused:

I have moved from a BB Tour to the HTC Incredible and really like the Android OS.

A few things I really rely on though I can't seem to replicate on Android. The most important is the "Level 1" or high importance message tagging. With BIS I could setup a filter so that any emails with a specific word or words in the subject line or from a specific email address caused a different alert on the BB when received.

Also, I can't find many options for different notifications like a specific one for emails, another for SMS, another for voice mails, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. JFeisty

JFeisty Well-Known Member

Yeah, Android is lacking in the custom alerts area. I also will be moving from a Tour to an Incredible. I use the Level 1 alerts and message filters for my work email...it's a must have for me. I noticed that there was nothing similar in the Android world so I was going to write my own app to do it, but after looking through the API I found out that currently there is no way to be notified of incoming emails....unless you write your own email application. Luckily, I guess, I only use this functionality for my work emails which is an Exchange solution. I will be using Touchdown, as it has these types of custom notifications.

3. Sharpy

Sharpy Member This Topic's Starter

....Solution added to original post