notifications and ringing - phone/message/emailSupport

Last Updated:

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Over the last month I have had some very puzzling issues with my phone. On many occasions the phone will not vibrate (as I have defined in the settings) for messages or phone calls every time. I would say it does about 50% of the time, the other 50% it just shows it without any feedback.

I also haven't been getting ANY of my gmail notifications and when I open the mail app it shows about 10% of my recent emails... all as unread becuase it didnt tell me I got any.

Advertisement
  2. brettlewis

bump

3. brettlewis

Still having issues. Any help?

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

For the vibe issues, try downloading sound manager from the market. Open it, menu key and select vibe whenever possible for both instances. Seems to eliminate vibe problems for a lot of users.

For the gmail problem, check settings > Accounts and sync and make sure gmail is syncing there. Even if it is, press it and disable all, then re-enable. If that doesn't work, delete the gmail account from the phone and reinstall. Sounds bad but its very painless. I would also recommend the free app gmail unread count from the market if you don't already have it and would like to see an unread count on your homescreen gmail icon.