• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Notifications Bar

Hi, Can anyone shed some light to my recent problem, when i receive notifications on my htc desire and when I scroll the notifications bar down the text is almost non existent.

It's like very faint because the colour of the text and the actual notification bar is almost similar.

I am running Android 2.3.5 with the RCMix3d AIO RUNNEYMEDE v6.1.1 SE,

I have checked all the RCMix3d tweaks but i am missing something!

I'm sure someone can shed some light!

Thank you MAT.

Thank you for that, you could be right, this is my first post after my intro so i didn't know which thread to use or where to post my problem.

The problem is very recent and only in the notification bar when you scroll down, no problems any where else.

I did download extra themes, but i don't know whether they auto installed or what.

I'm sure it's an easy fix, i don't want to go down the road of complete wipe and re-install:(

Thanks again

MAT

Upvote 0
I don't know this ROM or how the theming was done, but you could try reinstalling the ROM without a wipe. If the theming has modified the ROM itself that would undo it without removing your apps. To play safe, make a nandroid first, but it shouldn't be needed.

Of course if this theming worked like the CM theme chooser - where it's controlled by an app setting - then reflashing like this won't change anything.

If you can tell us a bit more about the theme that might help us work it out (I agree with Luna that theming sounds the most likely cause).

Reactions: desirebravo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones