• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications in vibrate mode

The problem came back for me as well. I was reading in another forum though that there is or will be an OTA update to fix this vibration issue and it is a known bug. In the meantime find the sound manager app and set it for "vibrate whenever possible." It will fix the problem in the meantime.

And yeah the battery's not too great but if you're at work or the like all day, do you need t have 3g on the entire time? I found that after fully draining the battery and then only turning on 3g when I wasn't at my work computer really helped the battery a lot. Cause let's be real, why do you need 3g when you have another computer in front of you? It's a decent solution until the extended battery is released.

Upvote 0
The problem came back for me as well. I was reading in another forum though that there is or will be an OTA update to fix this vibration issue and it is a known bug. In the meantime find the sound manager app and set it for "vibrate whenever possible." It will fix the problem in the meantime.

I got some sort of OTA update last night and have had the problem since. WHere is the "vibrate whenever possible" option?

Upvote 0
This is a rather large concern. I have not bought my phone yet and this is a major setback.

At least please tell me this is a Bug and not the intended functionality of the phone??? Being able to have a Vibrate notification for SMS and email is a pretty vital function.

I was able to turn on the vibrate notification for all incoming calls, texts, emails, and chats. You have to change the settings in each app. the global vibrate setting only affects incoming calls.

Upvote 0
Anyone have a non-reset (factory reset) solution for this problem? I'm now no longer getting vibrate on incoming text messages or e-mail notifications. Will only vibrate with an incoming call and all options are properly checked.

I have the HTC Incredible since the day it came out. I was getting two short vibrations from sending and receiving texts. The update for the phone came out today, and since then, it hasnt given me the two vibrations, whether its on vibrate or not. Im guessing the update had something to do with it. Anyone have a way to restore it without getting an app or factory restore?

Upvote 0
I don't think the OTA from today fixed it.
So, I got the sound manager and it vibrates.
Anyone knows if I could get it to vibrate with a missed call (or SMS) every few minutes untill I check the phone?

This is a good question. At work I have my phone in my pocket, on vibrate, quite a bit and a lot of times I don't feel the initial vibration. So I end up missing the message until I physically take the phone out and look to see if I have any messages. My Dare that I just upgraded from sent out a vibration every couple of minutes until I checked the phone and dismissed the notifications. Would love to find out if this is possible with the DI.

Upvote 0
ugh. any updates on this? I have each individual box checked for vibrate. When I have my phone *in* vibrate mode I never get notifications of new emails or anything. I actually have to refresh each email account manually for it to appear.

I downloaded Sound Manager and am not sure but I think I have the vibrate setting to 'vibrate whenever possible' and still haven't gotten any notification in vibrate mode of new emails etc.

edit: one example: I go into gmail...then it shows I have a new message (it's bolded) but the top still says "inbox 0" any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones