Notifications: Lights and Scenes

Last Updated:

1. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, new user here and I intend to hopefully be active on these forums.

I've sworn by Nokia since I was about 13 years old and finally after 10 years have ditched their symbian and finally got myself the Desire. Android marketplace + hardware that meets a minimum standard unlike the iphone ftw!

However:

1: As I understand it, when you get an SMS/email etc, the notification light flashes for about 5 mins, maybe less, but then goes out. You can turn reminders on but this then will replay the notification sound... all I want is for the light to stay flashing!

Now instead of asking if there is a way to keep it permanently flashing, I'll save us all the hassle and let you know now that I am pretty sure that there is no way to keep it flashing unless an update gives us that option later.

BUT, what I want to know is, will rooting my phone allow an option like that to magically appear, or am I stuck? I may well root my phone purely for this.

or is there another method to fix this?

2: Secondly, I understand how the different scenes work, but what I think is a little silly is that I cannot change notifications for each scene, nor can I make my own custom profile.

What I'm getting at is that I am happy with silent mode, vibrate mode and ringing mode, but I wish when I was at work, I could turn on another mode where ringing was a fairly quiet 'old' ringtone ring and an SMS was just a quick beep and vibrate. Then outside of work I revert back to my EXTREMELY cheesy and loud ringtones and SMS notifications! :p As I understand it, there is no way to do this either without manually changing everything each time?

Many thanks to my fellow androiders/desire owners in advance!

Advertisement
  2. etherial

etherial Member

For #1 download an App called "Missed Call"

It will do what you want.

EmperorKabir likes this.
  3. EmperorKabir

Thanks, I will definitely be giving that a go.

I take it my number 2 is a taller order?

4. etherial

etherial Member

#2 is not something I have tried as yet. It is something I would like to do as well as I like to have it adjust mainly the volume each night and morning, but it isn't too much trouble to do manually so haven't bothered looking at it yet. I recall seeing some profiles apps in the market tho.

5. EmperorKabir

thanks i will look for some profile apps.

tries the missed call app and all that seemed to do was clash with my current notifications and turn them off entirely until i uninstalled it! (though to be fair, when i searched for it, it told me to download the one built for android 2.x instead which then said that it can't control the LED).

:-(

6. etherial

etherial Member

Ahh crap, I told you the wrong one. Yes that one does take over and I uninstalled it too. Try "missed reminder". Everything works as normal until after you missed the notification and then it kicks in with reminders LED flash etc

c_man likes this.
  7. kec6227

kec6227 New Member

I made an app to accomplish what I think you want in #2. It doesn't incorporate scenes since that is only on certain phones, but you can set up Settings based on location and time. Check out Ultimate Profile. If you have any issues or feature requests, send me an email. I am always adding features by suggestion, enjoy!

8. EmperorKabir

thanks again. i'll certainly be trying that out. The description has a big disclaimer saying it may not work on android 2.x but i will still try it and let you know!

9. EmperorKabir

Excellent this seems to be working!

10. mr-mixalot

mr-mixalot Active Member

Thanks for these

11. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

For #2, try an app called Ear

12. kalfou

kalfou Active Member

HAHAHAHA!!! O sh*t!