1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Notifications Not Working With Default Twitter Client

Last Updated:

1. Mark.D

Mark.D Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

The other day I was clearing up some space on my phone so I was removing data from a few apps. Twitter happens to be one and up to that point it worked fine. This is the default twitter app that came with my nexus one and it has all the latest updates.

Since that though its not refreshing itself until I press the refresh button and because of that, I think, I get no notifications. I've looked through all the settings and everything looks right. Update interval Is at 5, same as before and syncing is enabled everywhere. But it does nothing until I pressure the refresh button myself. The Gmail client still works perfectly and I get notifications as always when I get an email.

I know your probably gonna tell me to get another Twitter client but all I use it for Is reading news so this one has everything I need and a nice simple UI. Plus it came with the phone so I can't uninstall it anyway.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Mark.D

Mark.D Member This Topic's Starter

No one else had this problem? :/

3. DapCorderman

DapCorderman Well-Known Member

I have the same issue since updating to 2.2. I have to manually refresh.

4. yadda yadda

yadda yadda Well-Known Member

I have the same issue since the very latest Android update to my Desire the other day (manual refresh just hangs too) - seems to be an authentication issue that HTC haven't resolved yet in Peep.

So am needing an alternative Twitter client with a full screen widget, as I too only read the headlines from several sources. Any suggestions?

5. vash01000100

vash01000100 New Member

I also have the same problem after clearing the cache from the widgit and the app.