Notifications not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. RJStark82

RJStark82 New Member

I am having issues with my notifications not coming through.

Mostly for email is the issue. For a long time I didn't receive twitter notifications, which was fine with me, and my email notifcations were coming through faster then they were on my pc. Recently I changed my notification ringtones to some that are downloaded from zedge. I didn't touch any other settings anywhere on the phone aside from that. All of a sudden I was getting every twiter notification known to man every 5 minutes and my email notifications mysteriously stopped all together. I went into the twitter settings and made it so that I my notifications were limited in what was coming through. So those have stopped annoying me, but I am still not receiving email notifications... maybe 1 in 15 emails or so.

Has anyone else had this issue?? Would the zedge ringtones have anything to do with it? I only downloaded it cause all my in phone ringtones disappeared (which is another issue entirely). I just want to know when I get my emails without opening the app for gmail.

Please help.

Samsung Moment with Google.

2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Are you not getting the notifications as in they don't even show in the pull down or are you missing the the tone? if you're missing the tone, try a different one and check if vibrate is active. If the gmail app is notifying you 1 out of 15 times, that's extraordinarily strange. Possibly try another email program like k9 or maildroid? Good luck!
  3. 240phil

240phil Well-Known Member

i've noticed the gmail app does that. somedays, I'll get them before they show on my PC and other days, i won't get any notifications.

K9 is supposed to be a better app.

Personally, I just open the app, hit refresh and see what pops up. Usually, if there are e-mails sitting there, they will pop up then.

the 2-3 seconds it takes doesn't bother me.

From my stand point, it is more of a network issue than an app issue.

some people say K9 fixed their problems with it. Other's say it stays a problem.