• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications not working

gelgh

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
I've had my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for a couple months now and it won't seem to notify me when I have new notifications in twitter, facebook, snapchat or instagram. It will show me that I have a new email or gmail notification in my status bar, but never for any of the previously mentioned apps. I've tried everything, i've synced and unsynced all of the accounts, i'v gone into the apps and changed the notification settings and sync intervals, and i even downloaded a extra notification, but nothing works. I know the phone is syncing fine because i still receive email and gmail notifications, and when i open facebook or twitter, for example, the notifications are right there, but they will not show in my status bar. When I first got the phone it would tell me when I had a new twitter notification or facebook notification in the status bar, but after an update it stopped. I would really like to fix this, that way I dont have to constantly keep checking these apps to see if I have a notification.

I've had my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for a couple months now and it won't seem to notify me when I have new notifications in twitter, facebook, snapchat or instagram. It will show me that I have a new email or gmail notification in my status bar, but never for any of the previously mentioned apps. I've tried everything, i've synced and unsynced all of the accounts, i'v gone into the apps and changed the notification settings and sync intervals, and i even downloaded a extra notification, but nothing works. I know the phone is syncing fine because i still receive email and gmail notifications, and when i open facebook or twitter, for example, the notifications are right there, but they will not show in my status bar. When I first got the phone it would tell me when I had a new twitter notification or facebook notification in the status bar, but after an update it stopped. I would really like to fix this, that way I dont have to constantly keep checking these apps to see if I have a notification.

Hello gelgh, welcome! :)

We're seeing reports of updates borking certain features of several devices, including the Play.

Remedies usually have to do with clearing the device's cache, even the data from the apps you're concerned with (making sure you have the backups for re-syncing later. By "later" I mean after finding the right widget/app to do a little "upgrade" of your own, that will play nice with the system now that it's been changed by the OTA upgrade.

Let's see what other Xperia Play users are saying about that, as I've moved your thread to this device area for you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones