Notifications when screen is timed outSupport

Last Updated:

1. bosnjgal

bosnjgal New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Is it possible to get a notification on a timed out screen when I get a new text message? When I used to get texts on my old phone (LG Dare), the screen would light up for a couple of seconds everytime I received a new text message. With the Droid 2, it seems like I can only make the phone vibrate or make a notification sound. However, when I'm at work, I keep my phone on silent and can't have my phone constantly vibrating on my desk.

Is there a way to set the notifications up so that my screen can alert me of a new message? I don't have the time to constantly check my phone for text messages during the day and I think I'm wearing out my battery quicker with the constant turning on and off of my screen to check for new texts.

Any suggestions/hints/tricks are greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Download handcent sms, chomp sms, or sms popup, take your pick.

bosnjgal likes this.
  3. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

You should at least have a LED blinking for notifications on stock texting. I use Handcent and you can customize the color and frequency of the LED.

bosnjgal likes this.
  4. bosnjgal

bosnjgal New Member This Topic's Starter

i probably have it on the wrong setting, but my led blinks pretty much all the time so it wasn't a good indicator.

i tried handcent & chomp and kept chomp because i liked the interface a bit better. thanks for the suggestions!! :)