Notifications?

Last Updated:

1. huntsman84

huntsman84 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all - I was just wondering if there was a way to have my phone constantly remind me of missed calls/messages. My old phone used to constantly beep until I checked and saw I had a missed call, and this phone just seems to sit there and only let me know when I check my phone later on.

I just missed a really important call and could have called back today if I knew I missed it, instead it just sat in my room all day until I just checked it now, so I'm pretty ticked. I even had a voicemail from the caller, but I was never made aware of it. I can't find anything in the settings, what gives?? This seems like such a basic feature, I'll be shocked if it doesn't have it, and very disappointed.

edit - I've only had the hero for a few weeks now, so don't flame me if it's something really basic

Advertisement
  2. walkinhotdog

walkinhotdog Well-Known Member

Go to settings>sound and display>notification flash and tick everything. That makes your trackball flash every ~9 seconds. Thats what i use to get my attention for any missed msgs or calls. Really useful.

3. Chappie

Chappie Well-Known Member

Mine plays a notification sound and indicates it int he notification bar at the top. Its done this from default.

4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Yea but it only sounds the notification once not contantly like the OP was requesting. I don't think it's possible by default (and I've never seen a phone that did, what did you have?), maybe with a 3rd party app...

5. bbJames

bbJames New Member

I'm wondering if there is a way to get a different notification sound for gmail and SMS. I can't figure this one out..

6. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

You do not need an additional app. Just do what walkinhotdog suggested in his post. You can choose whether or not to have the trackball flash (at regular intervals) for a missed call and voice message and many other items. Just tick the boxes you want. Much better than havving an annoying beep.

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Am I right in thinking you're justing changing the Default Notification Sound in the main phone settings? You have to open gmail, press the menu button, go to the settings and select your ringtone for emails there. The sms tone can be set in the main settings or in the sms app it's self.