• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notifications

jimmy675

Lurker
Oct 22, 2012
My phone showed a notification for an app that is no longer installed on my phone. I was in an area with no data service and very limited cell reception for that matter and thought that may have had something to do.with it going crazy. When I opened the phone to check the notification it disappeared off the screen. I doubled checked to make sure the app was not installed and it wasn't. Any ideas?

Hi jimmy, and welcome to AF :)

Can't think of how you can get a notification from an app that's been uninstalled.

It might be worth installing something like "Addons Detector" and doing a quick scan for apps with "push notifications" - some apps place ads that look like notifications (these don't normally just disappear, but maybe if you were out of data coverage it's easier to get rid of them?). Perhaps by chance one of these had popped up an ad for that app? I know that's a long shot, but it's all I can think of. If you find any app with this feature you'll have to uninstall the app to ensure you don't get further notification ads - there's a sticky post about it in this forum.

If it's not that, then I don't know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones