• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications

5TACY

Lurker
Mar 27, 2015
I've a couple of questions about my Xeria Z3 Compact - I love the phone but I'm finding notifications are a bit hit and miss...

So I intermittently hear a notification sound but nothing visual to indicate what has prompted the noise.
I have seen a couple of times when I check my Outlook app I have received a new email but the settings for this app are such that I shouldn't receive notifications, on account of the number of [junk] emails I get.

When my screen is locked, I don't receive a notification from various apps until I swipe my phone open... Which is a bit silly since I don't want to be checking my phone every two mins.

I often receive text messages 12 hours after they have originally been sent to me.

I've obviously set up my phone weirdly but does anyone have any advice?!?!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones