Notify light for Acclaim???Support

Last Updated:

1. krooked_creek

krooked_creek New Member This Topic's Starter

Please forgive me if this has been answered. I have recently switched from the Blackberry Curve to the Samsung Acclaim. It's taking some getting use to but the one thing I'm having a hard time with is that the Blackberry would always give you a notification light if you missed a call, email, im, etc. With the acclaim I find myself checking it every 5 minutes if its not right infront of me. Is there not any blinking light for the acclaim?

Thanks for your help.;)

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

3. krooked_creek

krooked_creek New Member This Topic's Starter

similar but not exactly what I have. I will find a link and post it. But I can't find one anywhere. See if that works.

U.S. Cellular - Phone Details

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 New Member

i dont think there is a blinking light. you can set up a ringtone for notifications. otherwise in the top left corner there will be icons.

otherwise if youre good with programming you can create an app that blinks the led camlight when there is a notification

5. sam88

sam88 New Member

I've installed an app where it makes it so and led notification should pop up when i receive a text message for the acclaim. the application was called handcent, i dont know if anyone is familiar with it or not, but for some reason the led is not working? it works on a friend's acclaim but the led wont turn on for mine. any ideas??

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

In Market there is an app called NoLed which addresses that common problem in Android devices. It will not cause a notification light, as you are used to, but will cause the sleeping screen to display sms, email etc colored icons at the time something arrives.

I use it and have the icons color coded so I can tell at a glance what's arrived.

7. SammyAcclaim

SammyAcclaim Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Frisco's suggestion will cover exactly what you are looking for but I also don't think you will find something that will work for this since the Acclaim doesn't have a notification light on it. It sounds like you are looking for something that you can use to quickly find out if you may have received a message while you were away from your phone instead of what NoLED sounds like which is it will notify you of what type of message you got while you are near your phone. Correct me if I have mistaken the fuctionality of NoLED.

When I first got my acclaim I came from BB as well and I missed this feature a little. I have learned to live with it. I just press the unlock button to quickly glance at the notification bar. You still have to pick up your phone and press a button to do this which is the only added action when compared with how you would do this on a BB.

8. jethronh

jethronh New Member

if i hold my acclaim up to the light, i can see an led behind the touchscreen. The phone does come with one right? i just cant seem to activate it.

9. SammyAcclaim

SammyAcclaim Well-Known Member

Jethrohn,

I originally assumed the same thing you are about that spot behind the touchscreen. This is actually the "face/proximity" sensor to turn off the touch screen when you press your face against the phone while talking on it. This eliminates the possibility of you accidentally pressing something with your face on the touchscreen while talking on the phone.