Notifylink -> Activesync -> Droid X issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if anyone else is using notifylink at work. (We're currently a groupwise 7 shop so no native activesync, have to rely on notify link)

Our notifylink setup used to work fine with my Droid on 2.1 in terms of email. was able to send/receive and get push email. the calendar piece didn't work and contacts piece didn't work but that wasn't a big deal.
    When I loaded Froyo on my Droid, everything worked great with notify (email, calendar, contacts).

But now on the X, I've been working with my email admin for a few days and still can't get the email to come to the phone. The calendar syncs up fine (which it didn't do on the D1 with 2.1), contacts doesn't work but I don't use that anyways. I can send email from the X using the activesync account, but I can't receive email. when I go into the corporate email account and hit refresh, the application just terminates immediately and goes back to the window listing all the email accounts.

The notifylink server does show that the X has sync'ed with it and that it has pushed emails out to the X, but nothing is showing up on the X.

I can't use the X as my primary phone until I get push email to work on it (or any work email).

I even tried to download the Touchdown client for notify and that also didn't work, it would sync calendar, but not email.

I'm hoping someone else out there is using notifylink and has a working solution. thanks!

Advertisement
  2. porteg

porteg New Member

I work at a large Health care org in Maine we currently have Notifylink supporting both the IPhone and the DroidX. When we first started out, we used the touchdown client...and had nothing but troubles, not to mention security issue that touchdown would not address. We currently have activesync up and running, and it is pretty much flawless. Server seems to be more stable than out BES.
    Groupwise 7.0.3
    Notifylink server is ver 4.7.1
    Droid is 2.2.1

What is your current setup?