If so, whoa, thats a lot.

TS out

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

So who here has pre-ordered the device?
  3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I didn't, but if the videos keep coming as promised (one a day) and the outcome at CES 2011 is what I expect it to be "a success" I will surely order one mid Jan.
    Hopefully Pixel Qi, can make some more for Notion Ink.

TS out
  4. xmr405o

I like the WebOS type UI. Looks like the Android portion is very heavily masked, not sure if that's a good thing or not. I can't until someone here can give a honest review.
  5. twospirits

Their website now shows, "ALL" units sold out.

TS
  6. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I'm hoping some XDA devs get into this and it is easy to unlock. I like the hardware, large bezel withstanding, but the custom OS looks weak and tedious.

I thought it was funny how they have been claiming they have the fastest way to switch tabs in the browsers. All they did was put a software button on top of the browser at all times which brings up tabs. They could have just had the tabs pop up with a two finger swipe and it would be more interesting than their implementation.

All the promo videos did was make me wish someone else was releasing a Pixel Qi screen. Also, the videos still don't address multi user support which is huge for me.
  7. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

glad i got mine pre ordered, little hesitant at first but i ended up doing it.
  8. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

Specs still seem to be changing? I saw one video had a backside trackpad but the CES 2011 video didn't have it.
  9. twospirits

Actually there is an xda/notioninkhacks member that is getting his Adam. He did it for the Viewsonic G and said he'll do the same for the Adam. Only a matter of time before this bad boy gets hacked, rooted and ROMed.

TS
  10. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

That would make the Notion interesting again as I have no interest in Eden. I think I'm going to make a hard rule for myself that I only allow stock android from no on for my devices.

I'm curious how noticeable the resolution differences will be between the Adam and Xoom.
  11. xmr405o

That's great. It's a plus for any tablet to have dev support.