• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nougat Questions

givepraise

Lurker
May 21, 2011
Hi Everyone,

OK moved out of a previous century and replaced my Samsung S3 with a Pixel. Love that Pixel. Have 1 day of usage so far.

But there are things that I would like to change if possible. Have done some basic Google searches, but have not found these answer, yet... So if anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Will also continue to search on my own... Thinking I may not have hit upon the proper boolean query yet...

1. KitKat allowed me to sync my work email (Exchange) to the old Mail app and my calendar to calendar. This was beautiful because I could keep my personal mail in Gmail - which was separate from my work email. Nougat does not like this. Even if you disable sync on the Exchange email, creates a user in Gmail with some mail in it.

Is there a good way to separate the 2? Am using Outlook on the Pixel for the mail now, but do not see a way to sync Exchange calendar to the phone's Calendar app that way. Like combined work and personal calendar because I can plan my life better with the 2 in one place.

2. Recent call list is displayed in tiles. I would like to see a list view instead. Looked for settings in the call list, but could not find it. Will check System UI more thoroughly, but did not see anything right off.

Thanks for your patience if these are newbie questions.

Verna

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones