• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nov. Maintenance OTA Update Discussion Thread

Received the update this morning. I accepted it and it took about 10 minutes to do its thing, including rebooting.

Can't say I notice anything "extra" that is useful other than the Slacker App. The V-cast Apps store is there too - annoying.

Haven't had a chance to test the charging speed, but I'll let you know.

The thing I have noticed that is frustrating me and annoying me is that if I play with some of the main buttons on the main screen (home, phone, home again, apps, etc), sometimes, when I return to the main screen, I get the HTC white screen with the logo in the middle and then the "loading..." gray bar as the main screen repopulates. This takes up to 20 seconds !!!

I've rebooted a bunch of times hoping that would fix it, but if I play with it for a minute or two, the same "loading..." gray box reappears. This also happens sometimes when I turn on the phone and slide to unlock. No hard reset, wouldn't want to do that.

I have to admit that both times I received these updates (2.2 and now this one), I have been pretty disapointed with the performance. Both times, aspects of the phone slowed down.

All in all, not very happy right now...
knight

Upvote 0
Got the update at 3:00am today!

Software Number 3.26.605.1 CL264707

Phone is feels much faster now and it charges MANY times faster. Obviously there was a major issue with battery charging from the last update. For some reason all the widgets and icons on my home screens were doubled up on top of each other. I had to drag and Remove the first "layer" of icons and widgets. Very strange.

Still, very happy with this update. My phone is no doubt MUCH snappier and it finally charges fast. Very happy.

Upvote 0
Wow - thanks, I didn't even realize that all my midgets / apps on main screens were duplicated. I just finished trashing all the duplicates.

Hope that frees up some space and solves my "loading..." problems

knight
Ya its so weird, I noticed it right away since text in one of my News widgets looked all scrambled but it was just text on top of text that made it look all strange. I cant say if my phone was slow before removing the duplicates since its the first thing I did. I could only imagine your phone loading faster now.

Upvote 0
I did the RUU update with the factory reset. Figured I'd need it anyway, since the OTA update to 2.2 was necessary for me.

Finally timed how long it takes for a full charge from 5%, and it's pretty much two hours on the dot. A lot better than what it was.

The overall battery life seems to be pretty good, about the same as it was. But I'm hopefully that after a few cycles, it'll improve a bit.

Pretty happy with the update, but there is still the stock media player bug that's driving me nuts.

Upvote 0
Battery life for me is also the same. What media player bug are you talking about?

I'm talking about how the stock media player will not recall its track location once the audio is paused, other tasks are preformed, and then audio is resumed. It'll revert to the start of the track. Super annoying.

I've tried some of the other players out there, most recently ModMusic, but the lock screen controls were a deal breaker.

Don't know why they won't fix this.... You'd think it'd be pretty simple.

Upvote 0
Small update... if you get the update, PLEASE make sure to delete all of your duplicated program widgets. You wont realize they are duplicates until you drag it to the delete and there is another one under it.

This made my "loading..." issue go away. I guess sense was not happy having to load all that crap TWICE :)

Otherwise, not terrible - nothing awesome either. Charging right now to see if that actually improves.

knight

Upvote 0
Can anyone post this update without having to wipe? I'm rooted and seriously dont want to unroot just for this update and root again

Tell me about it. I had both mine and my wifes rooted. I had to back up everything using titanium backup, use the S-On tool, and reflash stock 2.2 back on them. It really didn't take that long and once the update rolls out, i'll just run unrevoked again, install titanium backup and have everything back the way it was... Plus a good wipe and re-load never hurts. Now I wait for the OTA so that I can re-root!

For those of you wondering, no I don't run a custom rom.

Upvote 0
Wow - thanks, I didn't even realize that all my midgets / apps on main screens were duplicated. I just finished trashing all the duplicates.

Hope that frees up some space and solves my "loading..." problems

knight

I had the same problem with virtuous 3.1 with the apps stacked on top of each other, removing the duplicates solved the issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones