Nov OTA failed, can't install manually,

Last Updated:

1. c0dej0ckey

c0dej0ckey Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,
    I had been running the ROM version of the Nov OTA on my rooted Dinc, and my charge times were dramatically faster. However, my company just started supporting Android for their corporate mail, and to participate, I needed to unroot my phone (unfortunately, a company prerequisite). So, I reverted back to the official 2.2 install following these instructions:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

Note, I am still "s-off".

As soon as I rebooted, I got the prompt for the Nov OTA, and accepted it. I said it was going to reboot and install, but just got stuck there for over an hour. I finally pulled the battery, and after reboot, it is still at the stock 2.2 and I have not been prompted to install the OTA again.

I also grabbed the OTA from here:

Installing OTA to Rooted Android

and tried installing it from the SD card, but when I try to boot into recovery, I get a red triangle with a "!" in the middle of it.

Any suggestions on how to get the OTA installed?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

3. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member

I have installed the file like you said to do, everything seemed to go ok. but when I go back into hboot and try to go into recovery all i get is the black screen with white bars on the sides. I have also flashed the clockworkmod from rom manager and that took me to the same black screen with white bars.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

That was the wrong version of clockwork.
    Go here to get it:
    doug piston