1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nova Launcher vs. Go Launcher. Why Nova?

1. Agrajag

Agrajag Well-Known Member

I'm a long-time Go Launcher user (Launcher Pro user before that) and lately much hype has surrounded Nova Launcher so I decided to give it a shot.

After playing with it for part of a day I'm wondering what all the fuss is. So far, Go Launcher seems to provide everything Nova Launcher does. In fact, for free it provides features you can only get for the premium version of Nova. What am I missing here?

Nova Comments:

1. It doesn't feel as responsive as Go Launcher.
    2. My contact icons have no images while they do automatically on Go Launcher.
    3. It has the same bug as Go Launcher with not being able to display the text for widget descriptions (when selecting widgets).
    4. No real themes.

The reason I'm asking this is that I use swipe up for my dock apps to do multiple things and that feature is only a pay feature. If there's a compelling reason to stick with Nova then I'll buy it. However, since it's not just a buck or two I wanted this to be a good choice and not just an impulse buy that I never use again.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I prefer Go but Go has a much higher demand on CPU and RAM and can be slower than Nova at times. I think Nova only works on Jelly Bean while Go has all OS support. Go does have broken plugins and it often crashes though. The badge notification seems broken on Nova Prime and Go Launcher if you're running anything higher than Gingerbread. Go's add-ons and widgets are super heavy on internal storage

Of all issues Go has one caveat that irks me: PROBLEM LOADING WIDGET. Never happens on Nova. Happens constantly on Go. I hope its fixed soon
  3. John P

John P Well-Known Member

For me I use Nova prime because its the only launcher that supports the Missed It! application (as far as I'm aware anyway)
  4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

GO has always given me issues. Uses way too many resources, even for a dual core.
  5. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member

I tried go launcher, but didn't like it. It wasn't as smooth as nova for me. I haven't needed to pay for it yet. I don't swipe anything or need any fancy features.

Of course, if it's on sale at some point for a dollar, I wouldn't pass that up.
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

I switched from Go to ADW 1.3.3.8.
  7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

One of my tablets has nova prime but the missed it app has a bug where badge counts don't auto update requiring me to go to nova settings, disable and then re-enable the service to make it update, so I work around it with widget locker and adw notifier