• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nova launcher .

dan44762000

Jun 12, 2010
swansea
just bought the prime version and love it , need help on two things though .

how can i make it my default launcher ?
where can i go to get more icons for customising my icons further , i can see it gives me the choice but i have no idea where to go on the web to download some more packs .

thanks dan

Hi there dan,

Usually, the first time you press the home button (after installing the app), you are asked which launcher to open, and you can check the box to make it your default. If this does not happen, tell us and someone will reply back with how to do it via the settings.

There are many places to download icon packs from. A simple search of google brings up quite a few. ;)

Upvote 0
Press Menu, then select Nova Settings. Then, click NOVA (top left first option) and click Select Default Home. Now select Nova Launcher and click Always use this option (or something like that, it depends of the OS).

For the icon packs, first long-press an icon you want to change. A menu will open where you select Edit. Here, you can change the name but also the icon. To do this, click the icon. A new menu will pop up where you click Icon Pack. You will be presented with a list of all compatible installed icon packs.

You can use all the ADW icon packs from the play store.

Good luck:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones