1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nova LauncherTips

1. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Nova Launcher on the GS 4 ? This launcher allows you to change the default grid on your device to one of your liking. Example. You can easily change to icon layout from 4 rows of 4, to 5 rows of 5, or whatever you choose. There are a host of other features.

Advertisement
    :
  2. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm running in on my phone now. Much more flexibility than the default TouchWiz launcher.
  3. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

First app I installed. TW is generally horrible.
  4. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member

I have had android for 3 days now and I downloaded Nova the first day I switched.. its amazing.. but I am wondering if Nova is the reason my phone seems to lag a lot.. or if the lag is because of something else..
  5. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Please refer to the thread regarding lag. There is a GREAT YouTube link showing a fix for screen lag on the GS4. There are several tricks that completely remove lag. Your device will run lightning fast. See the lag thread or do a a YouTube search. KEYWORDS FIX GALAXY S 4 SCREEN LAG. BTW Nova Launcher DOES NOT contribute to screen lag.
  6. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member

thank you I will check it out!
  7. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Yup! I even paid for the Nova Launcher Prime (worth it) for the other extra features. Been running this launcher since Galaxy S2. It's close to stock Android and super clean
  8. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

How does it differ to Apex launcher?
  9. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

I use apex and prefer it over nova (although not used nova for a while)

I think both seem very similar in look and what they do though.
    2badmice likes this.
  10. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

I'm always looking for a change. What is it about Apex that you like over Nova?
  11. james_uk

I find it has more to offer, i like the latest feature of being able to create folders in the app drawer.
    I bought the pro version of it, take a look:

Apex
  12. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

I was using Apex Launcher but I recently switched to Nova Launcher. Apex has a lot of features but in some ways because it has so many features it has become bloated. Hopefully Nova Launcher doesn't go the same route.
  13. james_uk

thats odd considering nova is actually a bigger file size that apex.
  14. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

This thread inspired me to try out Nova. I like it. Bought Nova Prime. This is my first time away from TW.
  15. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

I use Holo Launcher HD on mine. I had used all the major launchers about 6 months ago on my EVO LTE. I can't actually remember why I landed on Holo, instead of the others, honestly! :)
    I tried TW for 2 days. I come from Sense (last 3 phones) so TW was pretty brutal. I've been running some form of "stock Android" launcher since I bought my wife her Nexus 7. I really like the vanilla Android.
  16. gseth

gseth Active Member

Nova Launcher is good, But Apex seems better.

Best part what I like is full skins are available for apex, where Nova is just manual customizations, there is no all in one theme package for nova.

Apex Notifier is cool and available for free for Apex Pro users.
  17. Eric618

Eric618 Well-Known Member

I love Nova Prime. It's been my launcher since the S2.
  18. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Quick question... do I have to be rooted to run Nova? I have the s2 skyrocket and wanna try it out on this one before I put it on my new s4 this weekend...
  19. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator